Disability Sports Coach (DSC) is a charity that provides a professional coaching service for disabled people throughout the UK. We offer coaching from grass roots to international level at mainstream schools, special schools, clubs, other charities & organisations. We deliver sports to all disability groups regardless of ability.
We are currently recruiting a DSC Coach Educator that will deliver DSC's inclusive training programme to a high standard, providing practical and theoretical knowledge during all training courses. The tutor will play a central role in enabling DSC to achieve its strategic objective of enhancing disability sports throughout the UK.
- To plan and deliver a coordinated inclusive coach education programme of high quality, professional sporting and educational activities which are progressive and reflective of the needs of the individuals
- Apply and demonstrate a range of appropriate coaching activities for disabled people whilst engaging all delegates during training courses
- Demonstrate a safe and appropriate coaching environment for disabled people, with knowledge of current disability and equality legislation
- Reporting all feedback and planning to Coach and Training Development Officer
- A certificate in any of the following - PGCE, CertEd, PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS, ADL
- NGB Level 2 Qualified or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in sports tutoring