Being a keen cricketer and with a brother who is
visually impaired, Liam understands the importance of community sport for disabled people and the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
"Hi, my name is Liam and I am really excited to be running
for Disability Sports Coach. From my experience I’ve seen
that it is still not easy for people with disabilities to get
involved with sport or physical activity. My younger brother Joel has grown up with a severe
visual impairment, so I have seen how work within this
area is so important. Having the opportunity
to run on DSC’s behalf, raising both awareness and some cash is a huge privilege!"
Our Community Clubs have supported over 10,000 disabled people by providing over 1200 weekly inclusive sessions across 11 London Boroughs since 2014.
How will your contribution help? Any donation small or large will go a long way! Here's how:
- £10 - Community Club 'Member' t-shirt
- £20 - Audible Ball for visually impaired members
- £40 - Expert coaching session
- £80 - Inclusive Boccia Ramp for people with less mobility in their arms
- £300 - Inspirational GB Paralympian club visit
- £500 - Adapted equipment package for a club