Who is the course for?
This is an introductory course and is ideal for coaches, teachers, volunteers and anyone working with disabled people who want to be able to support the delivery of inclusive sports sessions.
What does the course deliver?
- Take part in Paralympic and adapted sports such Boccia, Goalball, Table Cricket, Polybat (adapted table tennis) and New Age Kurling and learn how to set up and use the equipment, rules, game tactics and coaching scenarios
- Learn and apply the principals of how to adapt and modify activities for different impairment groups with practical scenarios and tasks
- Experience activity planning and delivery of inclusive activities
- Learn about preparing participants for activities, observation and feedback, reflection and evaluation of sessions
After the course you will
- Gain a SkillsActive accredited certificate
- Be confident to deliver adapted and Paralympic sports to disabled people
- Gain discount code for all sports equipment with our partners Davies Sports